Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Baby Boy's Journey Begins -- TOO SOON!!!
Apparently our baby boy is just as excited to meet us as we are to meet him!! This past week on Wed the 23rd of January, I started having contractions and they were intense and often enough that I ended up being admitted to the hospital. While there, they monitored me and gave me a shot to stop the contractions. I was also put on an oral med to relax the uterus, in hopes of keeping the contractions at bay. (I am 32 weeks along... and the contractions haven't stopped as of yet...). I am currently on bed rest at home... not exactly how I planned to 'prepare' for the birth of our baby!! (Although, it is the best thing for him and me right now.) I go to the doctor again Wed the 30th for a test that will tell if I am in fact at risk of going into full preterm labor. If it is positive, I will continue to stay on meds and bed rest until baby boy comes... if it is negative, I will be able to go back to work and come off of the medications! Needless to say, I am certainly hoping for the latter so please say your prayers with me!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment